Steps of Process
CMMI Risk Management Goals
PolicyAF Policy Directive 90-9: Operational Risk Management, 1 April 2000
AFI 90-901: Operational Risk Management, 1 April 2000
AFMC Instruction 90-902: Operational Risk Management, Dec 2007
Tools & TechniquesRiskNav
TrainingRisk Process Orientation
Detailed Risk Process
ExamplesSample Risk Management Plan
Process Lessons Learned
The context in which the program or enterprise operates, the boundaries that constrain it, and any externalities that may influence it.
- Is the program compliant with international, federal and state laws?
- Are intellectual property rights, such as copyrights, patents, trade secrets, and confidentiality agreements, compliant and current?
- Is the program in compliance with the following mandates:
- congressional budget laws?
- federal agency or department policies and instructions?
- military service policies and instructions?
- safety and environmental regulations?
- industrial safety regulations?
- corporate policies?
- Are applicable changes in policy analyzed for impact to program objectives?
- Where does program get information on policy changes?
- Does the rate of change in policy affect the program?
- Is the program in compliance with internal and external reviews/audits/assessments performed?
- Are review/audit/assessment recommendations and follow-on actions recorded and tracked to closure?
- For recommendations not followed, has an impact assessment been done for future milestones and possible other decisions affected by the decision?
Back to top