Steps of Process
CMMI Risk Management Goals
PolicyAF Policy Directive 90-9: Operational Risk Management, 1 April 2000
AFI 90-901: Operational Risk Management, 1 April 2000
AFMC Instruction 90-902: Operational Risk Management, Dec 2007
Tools & TechniquesRiskNav
TrainingRisk Process Orientation
Detailed Risk Process
ExamplesSample Risk Management Plan
Process Lessons Learned
The risk that a program will not meet its acquisition strategy cost objectives established by the acquisition authority.
- Were realistic cost objectives established early?
- Does the funding profile match the acquisition strategy?
- Is the funding profile stable from budget cycle to budget cycle?
- To Reduce Total Ownership Cost (RTOC):
- Was the system baselined before contract award?
- Was sustainment planning done up front?
- Are cost and manpower savings projections tracked to plan?
- Are cost and manpower savings projections realized?
- Are cost-performance tradeoffs being done, especially for marginal performance capability improvements?
- What are the redesign costs of:
- Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs)?
- Modifications once system is deployed?
- Are support requirements being costed early?
- Does the system rely significantly on software?
Back to top